The voice of more than 17,000 APRNs in Ohio, the Ohio Association of Advanced Practice Nurses (OAAPN) membership includes Nurse Practitioners, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists, Clinical Nurse Specialists, and Certified Nurse-Midwives. Membership in OAAPN provides support for full practice initiatives for all Ohio APRNs, as improved health care options for all Ohioans are important to both the profession and the community as a whole.
Among the benefits that OAAPN provides to its members and the APRN profession as a whole is access to national, state, and local resources and the latest industry updates. The Members-Only Forum also allows for access to the COVID-19 Resource Page, reimbursement information, the Transition to Practice video resource, and much more.
Whether you are looking for information on becoming an APRN, or are an experienced APRN seeking information on other industry organizations and clinical resources, the following sources will at least provide a place to start your search.
Ohio Professional Associations
- Ohio Board of Nursing
- Ohio Nurses Association
- Ohio State Association of Nurse Anesthetists
- Northeast Ohio Nurse Practitioner (NEONP)
- Ohio Chapter American College of Nurse Midwives
- Ohio State Council of The Emergency Nurses Association
- Ohio Chapter – National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- American Association of Nurse Anesthetists
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP)
- National Institute of First Assisting (NIFA)
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists
- National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health
- American College of Nurse Midwives
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Michigan Council of Nurse Practitioners
- Coalition of Advanced Practice Nurses of Indiana (CAPNI)
Clinical and Other Resources
- Guide to Finding Right DNP Program
- Advance – Journal for Nurse Practitioners
- Nurse Practitioner Associates for Continuing Education (NPACE)
- NP Support Services
- Centers For Disease Control (CDC)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Nursing Schools Guide and Degree Programs
OAAPN is hosting their in-person 2021 Statewide Conference from October 21-23, 2021 at the Hyatt Regency in Columbus, Ohio. Check out the event program and save the date – registration begins in August.