OAAPN Leadership Awards
Nominations Open – Deadline is September 10, 2017
OAAPN is presenting up to two leadership awards in 2017: An award for demonstrating Excellence in an APRN Role; and an award for Advocacy for promoting the role of the APRN in Ohio. The deadline for 2017 nominations is September 10, 2017.
Criteria for the two awards is below and the online nomination form is available by clicking HERE.
All nominations must be submitted online and include a 250-word statement outlining how the nominee has met the stated award criteria; and two letters of recommendation. You will upload these three documents as part of the online nomination form: Link to Online Form
The OAAPN Award for Excellence:
is bestowed upon an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) who demonstrates excellence in the role through any or all of the following activities: professional development, clinical skill, innovative practice, academic excellence, political action or interdisciplinary interaction. This APRN’s practice exemplifies the Mission Statement of the Ohio Association of Advanced Practice Nurses, which is to:
- Promote Advanced Practice Nursing Support Professional Development
- Participate in the Implementation and Monitoring of Legislation
- Attain Fair and Equitable Reimbursement for Advanced Practice Nurses
- Foster Collegial and Collaborative Relationships with Other Health Care Providers
- Promote Affordable, Accessible, Quality Healthcare for all Ohioans
The OAAPN Advocacy Award:
is bestowed upon an individual who supports and promotes the role of the Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in Ohio.
The APRN Advocate meets the following criteria:
- Presents a positive image of APRNs to individuals within the public arena, whether it be the legislature, media, academic institutions or the general public;
- Actively and consistently engages in activities that promote the professional image of nursing in general and advanced practice nursing in particular;
- Participates in policymaking and legislative activities for the betterment of patients in Ohio through the advancement of APRNs, or,
- Participates in media efforts that promote the role of advanced practice nursing in Ohio.