OAAPN Scholarship Program
To promote the professional development of APRNs, each year OAAPN is honored to award up to three $1,500 scholarships. Eligible applicants include students in an approved program leading to APRN licensure or an approved DNP program.
Apply Today! Application deadline is July 13, 2022. All applicants will be notified by October 1, 2022.
Requirements and Instructions
ELIGIBILITY for APRN Scholarship
To be considered for a scholarship, a student MUST:
- Currently be enrolled as a full-time or part-time student in an approved master’s or doctoral program in Ohio or an online program for RNs working in Ohio, leading to an APRN licensure.
- Have completed at least 12 semester hours of an advanced practice program at the masters or doctoral level.
- Currently hold a GPA of at least 3.2
- Be an OAAPN member (you may join at the time of application)
- Service to OAAPN is considered by the committee but not mandatory.
- Assume a position as an APRN in the State of Ohio for at least one year after graduation.
- Be available to attend the Awards Ceremony at the Annual Statewide Conference in late October in Columbus, Ohio.
AMOUNT OF AWARD
The recipient of an OAAPN Scholarship will receive a cash award of $1,500 to be used for tuition and/or books.
Compile the following items and submit in order to qualify for the OAAPN APRN Scholarship online. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
The following items will be required to upload into the online application:
- Essay describing the applicant’s career goals, indicating how the goals relate to the OAAPN mission statement (300-500 words total)
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member from the candidate’s program or an APRN preceptor. The letter should address the candidate’s clinical and academic ability as an APRN student, as well as the candidate’s leadership qualities and potential for professional success.
- Proof of Enrollment, such as a letter from the dean or another program official, current transcript, or advising report from the institution/program.
Kent State University
University of Toledo