45-hour Advanced Pharm Course
Below is a list of 45-hour Advanced Pharmacology programs that meet the requirements established by House Bill 216. This is a requirement for renewal for anyone who does not have their CTP and has not completed the 45-Hour Advanced Pharm course or graduated from an Ohio based APRN program in last 5 years.
Online CE Programs
- Case Western Reserve University Click HERE for information and how to register.
- Otterbein University Click HERE for a brochure and how to register.
- Ohio State University College of Nursing Click HERE for information on how to register.
- The University of Toledo Click HERE for a brochure and how to register.
- Youngstown State University Click HERE for a brochure and how to register.
- Wright State University College of Nursing and Health Click HERE for a brochure and how to register.
Live, In-Person Programs
- Cleveland Clinic Due to low enrollment, Cleveland Clinic is cancelling the 45 hour pharmacology course – we will be holding a shorter series for some pharmacology hours. Click HERE to register.
Online, Graduate-Credit Only Programs
- The University of Cincinnati College of Nursing is offering an online 45-Hour advanced pharmacology course that non-students may take for graduate credit (not as continuing education). This will fulfill the requirements for APRN licensure for APRNs without a CTP who have not taken the course in the last five years. The cost is $724 per graduate credit hour or $2,172 total. If you want to take the course, you must first complete the paperwork for non-UC student status and then the permission form at this LINK. UC has plans to set up the course for continuing education credits (instead of graduate credit) for the Fall semester. If you have any questions, please contact Sherry Donaworth at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other schools we have determined are offering or will be offering are below.
- Mount Carmel College of Nursing
- Jill Beavers-Kirby email@example.com 614-234-5198
If you know about any other schools offering the course as continuing education, please let us know by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. OAAPN is working to put together a comprehensive list.