National Healthcare Volunteer Week was established in 1974 by the Association for Health Care Volunteer Resource Professionals (AHVRP) to recognize and celebrate the efforts of volunteers across the country.
Since then, the original emphasis on celebration has widened to become a nationwide effort to urge people to get out and volunteer in their communities. It also is a time to honor and thank volunteers for their commitment to patient care and their compassion toward patients, staff, and the community.
At its core, the mission of OAAPN is to promote advanced practice nursing through practice, education, advocacy, and leadership. OAAPN continually strives to remove barriers to APRN practice and has become a leading information resource within Ohio regarding APRN practice, legislative and reimbursement issues as well as providing a gateway of opportunities to employment and continuing education.
Of course, accomplishing the mission of OAAPN requires tireless effort and leadership of numerous volunteers who serve as Executive Officers, as Director’s-at-Large, and Regional Directors.
These dedicated individuals are fundamental to increasing membership of OAAPN and providing information for current members in order to meet the long-term vision for APRNs in Ohio. The Executive Committee consists of:
- President – Kelly Shank, APRN-CNP
- Immediate Past President – Joscelyn Greaves, APRN-CNP
- Secretary – Sara Pease, APRN-CNP
- Treasurer – Meredith Foxx, MBA, APRN-CNP
Assigned to specific project areas, the Directors-at-Large collaborate with the OAAPN Executive Committee to ensure that the budget, members, and priorities are aligned with the long-term vision of the organization.
- Communications – Erin Ross, DNP, APRN-CNP
- Education – Joyce Karl, DNP, APRN-CNP
- Reimbursement – Bethany Parsell, APRN-CNP
- Government Affairs – Summer Buckenmeyer, MSN, FNP-BC, and Eric Snyder, APRN-CNP
- Professional Relations – Michelle Zamudio, CNM, MSN
The Regional Director collaborates with the Chapter Leaders to develop membership and support professional development in the assigned region. This includes mentoring chapter leaders in organizing chapter meetings as well as promoting OAAPN as an organization for the APRN programs in the region.
- Central – Barbara Schaffner, PhD, APRN-CNP, PNP-BC
- Northeast – Michele Pirc, APRN-CNP
- Northwest – Erin Hennessey, NP-C, MSN
- Southeast – Elisha Clark, APRN-CNP, FNP-C
- Southwest – Mandi Cafasso, DNP, APRN-CNP, and Amanda Rumpke, APRN-CNP
Of course, the grassroots efforts of the Chapter Leaders is essential to the success of OAAPN as an organization, and the growth of the profession of advanced practice registered nurses.
Central Chapter Leaders:
- Circleville: Donna Spencer
- Columbus: Robert Rogers
- Newark/Zanesville: Elisha Clark
- Mt. Vernon: Tammy Joseph and Amy Ferenbaugh
Northeast Chapter Leaders:
- Cleveland: Elizabeth Adriano
- Canton: Joscelyn Greaves
- Youngstown: Andrea Svoboda
- Lake County: Suzanne Fortuna
- Wooster: Mandi Kapper
Northwest Chapter Leaders:
- Toledo: Sara Hunter
- Auglaize-Mercer: Valerie Mumaw
- Defiance: Kristina Cline
- Lima: Ashley Lee
- Bowling Green: Gretchen Kuhlman
- Sandusky: Becky Nelson
Southeast Chapter Leaders:
- Portsmouth: Jenifer Combs
- Ross County: Kelli Jordan
- Steubenville: Natalie Holden
- Tuscarawas County: Angela Simmerman
Southwest Chapter Leaders:
- Cincinnati- West: Jay Casey
- Cincinnati- East: Brenda Worcester
- Dayton North: Carrie Kerby
- Dayton South: Laura Willis
Understanding that improved healthcare options for all Ohioans are important to both the profession and the community as a whole, OAAPN seeks to strengthen the profession and provide resources to our members that they can’t get elsewhere.
We encourage all members of OAAPN to get involved, and of course, If you are not already a member of OAAPN, we invite you to join today. And to all of our amazing healthcare volunteers and OAAPN leaders – thank you!
Interested in Volunteering?
If you are interested in volunteering with OAAPN, fill out a form at this link: https://oaapn.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_mcform&view=ngforms&id=2041319#