With a mission to ensure that Ohioans have access to cost-effective, high-quality care provided by advanced practice nurses, OAAPN derives its strength from those APRNs who choose to invest in themselves and our shared profession through membership. Treasurer of OAAPN, Meredith Foxx, MBA APRN-CP, puts it simply, “Membership in OAAPN is key to my success as an APRN.”
OAAPN membership provides support for full practice initiatIves for all Ohio APRNs, including CNPs, CNMs, CNSs, and CRNAs. Improving health care options for all Ohioans is important to our organization, our profession, and our community. Immediate Past President of OAAPN, Joscelyn Greaves, APRN-CNP, says “I am a member because I wanted to be part of the organization that is making a difference for APRNs in Ohio. I knew if I wanted to see change, OAAPN membership was imperative as it is impossible to do it alone.
Membership in OAAPN provides support in a variety of ways, all intended to strengthen the profession and provide resources to our members that they can’t get elsewhere.
- Timely news & legislative updates. Keep your finger on the pulse of your profession by receiving OAAPN’s perspective on state and national news, industry trends, and legislative activity through our Members-Only Forum.
- Access to continuing education. Members receive reduced rates for regional and statewide meetings that offer opportunities to complete programs for CE credit as well as access to a self-paced Online Law Course.
- Access to OAAPN legal counsel. Through the Ask OAAPN program, members can send questions about your practice and receive vetted responses from our legal counsel.
- Support APRN Modernization in Ohio. OAAPN continually works to legislatively remove the remaining barriers to APRN practice in Ohio. Your membership dues support our efforts on behalf of all Ohio APRNs.
- Opportunities to Network & Engage. Members have the opportunity to connect and network with fellow APRNs by attending events throughout the state, engaging in volunteer opportunities, and networking with other members online. “OAAPN empowers me to connect, network, and collaborate for best practices with other professional nursing leaders in APRN practice in Ohio,” notes Erin Ross, DNP, APRN-CNP.
If you are not already a member of OAAPN, we invite you to join today. In addition to the resources available to members, Erin Hennessey, DNP, APRN-CNP says, “Having a broad network helps me to give better patient care through collaboration with an amazing group of professionals.”