The 2021 OAAPN Statewide Conference will be held October 21-23, 2021, at the Hyatt Regency and Convention Center in Downtown Columbus. The agenda of presentations and speakers for the 3-day conference offers something for every specialty, so be sure to make sure your membership is current and register today!
Here are some Statewide Conference session highlights of what to look forward to:
The sessions on Thursday include a variety of procedure-based presentations, some with limited capacity and additional charges. Multiple sessions will be offered for certain topics.
- Buffy Blunt, PhD, APRN-CNP, and Colleen Stellabotte, APRN-CNP will present on Minor Office Procedures, as well as on Foreign Body Removal/Animal Bites/Rabies. Louann Bailey, DNP, APRN-CNP will discuss 12 Lead ECG Interpretation, while Larry Rosenberger, APRN-CNP, and Julie Melendez, APRN-CNP will present on Intra-articular and Peri-articular Injections.
- Tonya Fulk, APRN-CNP, Sarah Block, APRN-CNP, Denise Hutton, APRN-CNP, and Kathy Praisler-Wood, APRN-CNP will review Basic Suturing, including wound preparation, cleaners, and medications, anesthesia, wound closure techniques, and basic suturing.
- The Lunch Symposium on Thursday is sponsored by Novo Nordisk and is, Shifting Perspectives; When Should You Use a GLP1 for Type 2 Diabetes. Additional sessions on Thursday include Optimizing Revenue with Correct Documentation & Coding with Sally Streiber, BS, MBA, CPC, CEMC, and Universal Infectious Disease Essentials with Stephanie Ellenberger, RN, BSN, MSN, FNP-BC.
The Friday morning sessions take on some of the biggest topics in our industry, including a look at Public Health Detriments by Brian Castrucci, DrPH, MA. We will then provide guidance on a Legal Q&A featuring Top Member Questions of 2021 with Jeana Singleton, and Angela Golden, DNP, FNP-C, FAANP will focus on the positive with Best Year Ever: Inspiring Balance and Wellbeing.
Attendees will have the opportunity to choose from a variety of sessions being offered on Friday afternoon. Joseph Congeni, MD will present on Initial Treatment of Musculoskeletal Injuries; Stephanie Hawkins, DNP, WHNP-BC, FNP-BC, NCMP on Dyspareunia and Vaginal Atrophy: The Unspoken Concern; and Eric Snyder, DNP, APRN-CNP on Hyponatremia: From an Inpatient Perspective.
A team of presenters that includes Stephanie Ellenberger, APRN-CNP, Tiffany Pottkotter, MSN, MA, RN, LPCC, PMHNP-BC, and Leigh Ann Pansch, MSN, FNP-BC, DCNPwill present on Red Flag Rapid Topics: ID, Psych, and Derm.
Meredith Foxx, MBA, APRN-CNP, APRN-CNS offers insight on APRN Advocacy & Leadership, while Bethany Parsell, APRN-CNP will focus on Transition to Practice – First Year. Mary Jane Maloney, DNP, APRN-CNP, FAANP, CWS will present on Chronic Wound Care Pearls, and Carrie Jennings, APRN-CNP will offer Cirrhosis Update for Primary Care Providers.
Erin Hennessey, DNP, APRN-CNP will discuss Recognizing Aesthetic Complications in Primary, Urgent, and Emergency Care, and Angela Golden, DNP, FNP-C, FAANP will focus on Making the Diagnosis with Lab Results.
On Friday, as well, Rapid Fire – Poster Presentations will feature:
- Shortage of Nurse Practitioner Preceptors: A Quality Improvement Project Addressing the Crisis within One Healthcare System – Shanna Botos, DNP, APRN-CNP
- The Integration of Medications for Opioid Use Disorder (MOUD) Educational Experiences into a Graduate Nursing Program – Mary Beth Zeni, ScD, MSN, BSN & Janet Baker, DNP, APRN-CNS
- Shared Decision-making in Hospital Plan-of-care Rounds: An Integrative Review – Cynthia Stives, DNP, APRN-CNP
A full day on Friday wraps up with a few more session options that include Ending the HIV Epidemic: Key Role of Advanced Practice Providers in Achieving Success with Jan Stockton, APRN-CNS, Ohio Law Updates 2021 with Jeana Singleton, and Rapid Fire – Pediatrics with Perry, APRN-CNP, Beth Bish, APRN-CNP, and Mandi Cafasso, DNP, APRN-CNP, and Rapid Fire – Geriatrics with Erin Ross, DNP, APRN, CNP, CORLIN, FAANP, Kelly Shank, APRN-CNP, and Toni Harrison, APRN-CNP.
The Statewide Conference will conclude on Saturday, following a Breakfast Symposium on Ubrelvy (R): Acute Treatment Option for Migraine sponsored by Abbvie and a Pharm Update that will include, Pharmacogenetics with Jessica Emshoff, PharmD; Cardio Update with Richard Chan, PharmD, Hormone Replacement Therapy with Rebecca Berg, PharmD, and Pulmonary Updates with Kenneth Furdich, PharmD, BCACP.