The strength of OAAPN lies in its numbers – our members who choose to invest in themselves and our shared profession through membership. The mission of OAAPN is to ensure that Ohioans have access to cost effective, high quality care provided by Advanced Practice Nurses. We do this through a variety of ways, all intended to strengthen the profession and provide resources to our members that they can’t get elsewhere.
1. We work hard to ensure that our members stay informed and encourage active engagement in all of our online communities, including:
✓ Be sure your email address is up-to-date.
✓ Check your mailbox for OAAPN emails every other week.
✓ READ your OAAPN email updates.
- Social Media
✓ Share our content to your personal network to expand the reach of our message.
2. Get answers to your practice questions, vetted through the OAAPN legal team.
3. Earn Continuing Education credits at a reduced cost.
4. Stay active in your profession by attending events, embrace opportunities to serve, and network with other members
✓ Attend a chapter meeting and bring a colleague.
✓ Volunteer at chapter meetings and conferences.
✓ Become a member of the Key Person Program.
5. Provide support for full practice initiatIves for all Ohio APRNs, including CNPs, CNMs, CNSs and CRNAs, thereby improving health care options for all Ohioans.
✓ Support the PAC to help elect state legislators who support OAAPN goals and objectives of providing high quality, affordable, accessible health care for all Ohioans.
✓ Sponsor a student and become a preceptor.
But don’t just trust us, listen to what some of your colleagues have to say about OAAPN and their membership:
- “OAAPN is great for networking, continuing education and keeping up to date with law.” – Maricar G.
- “All APRN students need to join OAAPN and stay a member as long as they are practicing in Ohio.” – Michele P.
- “OAAPN has made this transition so much easier for me! We are doing 100% telepysch in our offices. For any of my NP friends that are not a member and are having a difficult time figuring out all these changes, I really recommend becoming a member.” – J.L. F.
- “I want to thank you for all the info you’ve provided during this time. I am renewing my membership!” – Felicia N.
- “Wonderful networking opportunities and learning forums offered.” – Theresa A.
Invest in yourself and your profession, join OAAPN today.