OAAPN and the profession of Advanced Practice Nursing enjoyed a great year in 2019, and we are positioned to go further in 2020. As we move into the new year OAAPN remains focused on our primary goal of seeing the passage of HB 177, which supports the removal of the SCA. Additionally we will continue to work for full reimbursement across the board, stay engaged in the discussion by the Ohio Board of Nursing regarding their interpretive guidelines for APRNs, and monitor any legislation that involves healthcare that may impact OAAPN and our members.
We encourage you – as members of OAAPN – to support OAAPN and help us make 2020 a successful year for all of us.
- Attend monthly chapter meetings and stay involved in your local communities, particularly in terms of advancing your profession.
- Become a preceptor and mentor new APRNs.
- Maintain or extend your membership in OAAPN. We have strength in our numbers, and a much louder voice with every new member we gain.
- Participate in the Key Person Program to advocate for your profession with your local legislators.
- Save the date for important events throughout the coming year, including APRN Day at the State House and the Statewide Annual Conference.
Thank you for the support you have shown throughout the year, and we look forward to a powerful year in 2020 for all APRNs.