Fifty years ago, at the University of Colorado, the Nurse Practitioner program was created.
Let’s share these stats to educate and inform our fellow Ohioans.
Requirements for Nurse Practitioners: 6+ years of Clinical Preparation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse Licenses
- Graduate Nursing Education
- National Board Certification
- State NP Licensure/Registration
- 80% of NPs were prepared in primary care programs, while only 14.6& of physicians entered primary care residency.
- 2 out of 3 patients support legislation for greater access to NP services.
- NPs diagnose illness, treat illness, prescribe medication, order tests, and interpret tests.